Friday, May 12, 2006

Big Blogger Task #3

This Is Big Blogger.

For those of you who have scrolled down the page, this is your task for this week. For those of you who didn't scroll down, you are up for eviction next week.
This task was used in the last Big Blogger, so I am keeping my eye open for those who just do a cut and paste of any previous entries. If you do, it is instant nomination for eviction.

Ode To My......

This task, you have to write an ode to something you love. It can be anything at all, but it has to be creative, and really show off your feelings towards the subject. Oh, and just so you all know, this week it is ok if two cyberhousemates task about the same thing.

Once again, Big Blogger will provide an example.

Ode to my Toaster.

Oh how I love thy ways,
You warm my heart to the setting of your thermostat,
Glowing in the early morning, happily browning my muffins,
Crispy, crunchy, carbohydrates, oh you are so magical.
That was until the other day, when you decided to leave me.
Why O why did you leave in clap of thunder, and a flash of blue light?
Half way through cooking my wholemeal country loaf slices.
Did you despise me for only loving you for three minutes of the day,
and even then, only on two days of the week?
Sure your white edges had become diminished over time,
but I still loved you for who you are, my toaster.
Now you are gone,
you have joined as a member of the hard rubbish collection.
I still see you there, out the front of my house
But only until next Wednesday.
But it will never be the same again,
For I have found a new love.
Someone you could never match.
Goodbye Two Slice.
Hello four slice, frozen, warming, cancel buttons, extra lift, extra wide, heaven.
Oh how I love the ways, you cook.

Now you all know what to do, do it.

This Has Been Big Blogger

Comments:
But I LOOOOOVE my Lovely Green Shirt Jeannie! How can I possibly write an ode to anything else? I'll give it a try, though. Because when Big Blogger talks, people listen.
 
Oh, save my Sanity please? I hope this ode gets everyone a thinkin' straight!
 
Rumor has it on the web
A posting has been sighted.
Direct your gaze towards my blog,
no really - you're invited.
 
My ode is to my filing cabinet. I hope you enjoy!
 
Scottage,
I enjoyed your ode to your lovely filing cabinet. I think I have his brother here in my office.

Diva,
Your ode, though well-written, made me feel kind of oogie, which is not a good thing. My HH cleaned the bathroom while he was home sick from work, and he kept my grout-scrubbing toothbrush, and threw away my mouth toothbrush. Methinks he might just have used mine in his own mouth a time or two, which is stomach-churning.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?